Silencer Ownership

Several states allow the civilian ownership of silencers. They are: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA ,ID, IN, KY, KS, LA, ME, MD, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV And WY. Simply check with your state to see if Silencers are permitted for ownership and the state requirements for the ownership by civilians. Usually, a call to a Class III dealer in your state will get the “knowledge ball” rolling.

Now what?...Start shopping around for the type of silencer that you feel will suit your needs. Everyone tends to have an opinion on who manufacturers the best Silencer. Do your homework and you will feel more comfortable in your purchase. Many manufacturers have sites that allow an audio file to be played that will give you an idea of their Silencer’s performance. Do your homework…did I say that already?

So, now that you’re not buffaloed by the myths and non factual stories you have heard about owning a silencer; let’s look at the steps you would take. Use the following as a checklist:

• Clear yourself for ownership- You must be 21 years old.
                                                       If you can buy a handgun, you can buy a silencer.
                                                       No convictions of a felony or pleaded guilty to domestic violence charge(s).
                                                       U.S. Citizen
                                                       Make sure your state allows ownership.
                                                       Learn the can and can’t do’s with your Silencer…transporting, storage, proof of transfer etc.
                                                       Did I mention doing your homework?
• Decide on the Silencer you want to buy.
• Locate the Class III dealer in your state to handle your transfer.
• Start the paperwork process. Your Class III dealer should give you the guidance to get this done properly.
• Send in the required completed forms with a one time $200.00 transfer tax to BATFE.
• Wait for the approval.
• Fill out the ATF form 4473 at your transferring Dealer.
• Take your Silencer home.

Simply put…it takes effort…patience…a few hundred bucks…and you get the oooh’s and awe’s of being a Responsible Silencer Owner!

Any questions?? Give us a call; we will do our best to give you the answers you need. (865) 436-6382 or click on the email link below.
BluBoy Relics